We are committed to minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment. We believe in reducing our short, medium and long-term impact on the paradise we are privileged to enjoy here in Rotorua. We strive to reduce waste in terms of rubbish, excess energy use and water consumption.
We have a passion for the environment and a committed to making a difference. Most of our guests want to help, so we invite you to join with us by enjoying our service and understanding our environmental policy.
- We offer a towel and linen change agreement which ensures you're helping the environment by reducing energy and water use.
- We buy local produce where possible to reduce transport emissions.
- Low-energy light bulbs are installed in at least 95% of our premises.
- Giving you the opportunity to recycle your rubbish.
- Reducing the amount of waste going to landfill by separating it for recycling.
- Not printing unnecessary emails and printing double-sided.
- Ensuring we've installed devices in taps and shower heads to reduce water volume without compromising on quality, dual-flush toilets.
- Using only water-efficient washing machine, biodegradable laundry powder.
- Using biodegradable or non-toxic cleaning products and rubbish bags.
- Installed Soap dispensers to cut down on waste and wrappings.
- Regularly tuning our vehicles to help reduce carbon emissions.
- Sending batteries and fluorescent bulbs for recycling/safe disposal.
- Donating supplementary products or furniture to local charities/schools.
- Offering employment/career opportunities to local residents first, if possible.
- Training our staff to commit to our environmental practices.
- We and our staff always endeavour to turn off lights or equipment when not needed or when we leave the room, you may wish to do the same.
- We and our staff turn off taps when we are not directly using water; you are welcome to do the same.
Thank you for your Support
Team at Apollo Hotel Rotorua